Thursday, February 24, 2011

If The Universe Were A Beach...



...we would be a tiiiiiny grain of sand. These days, I think it's pretty narrow minded for anyone to think our little solar system is all that there is. Yes, I know the 'Flat Earth Society' is around (yep, there are still folks that believe the Earth is flat), and I have run into the occassional hardcore religious type who thinks that the collection of planets circling Sol are 'it'. I mean...really? They seriously think that all of the scientific evidence to the contrary is false?
Whatever floats their proverbial boat, I suppose.

A friend shared this great video with me. It really puts things into perspective for you...although our planet is the center of our universe in several ways, we are just a speck in the vast cosmos.

No comments:

Post a Comment