Monday, December 26, 2011

Winter Birds ~ Dormant Bath...

I felt the time was ripe for me to visit a personal project of mine.  The bird bath a few buildings up.  Although it sits a number of feet from the end corner of the screened in porch of the end condo, it looks to be abandoned.  The only time I have seen water in it is due to rain.  Over the last several months, I have been taking pictures of the natural 'trash' that collects in the basin.  The collections of leaves, twigs, berries, etc. that accumulate have proven to be illustrative of whatever season is 'happening' at the time.  The images I have snapped are among my favorites.  My prior visits have found a certain amount of water in it. This visit really reflected Winter's presence.  The shedding of the old and dead to make way for the renewal of Spring.




(Photo: Lisa Erin Brown)

(Photo: Lisa Erin Brown)

(Photo: Lisa Erin Brown)

(Photo: Lisa Erin Brown)

(Photo: Lisa Erin Brown)

(Photo: Lisa Erin Brown)

(Photo: Lisa Erin Brown)


1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year, Lisa! I like this very much - all kinds of lovely atmospheric details to examine.

    ReplyDelete