Wednesday, October 3, 2012

An Autumnal Treat...

Comfort food is popular with most people, and everyone seems to have their own personal idea of what comfort food is. Around this time of year, I always like hot drinks: coffee, tea, cocoa, hot cider...I dig them all. As the temperatures start to "Fall" (Get it? It's Fall? Anyway...), a hot mug of something always brings on a case of the 'cozies'. An autumnal nosh that I always like to make...my personal favorite compliment to a hot beverage...is Pumpkin Bread.

I suppose most Pumpkin Bread recipes are similar, but I have always used the same one. The moistness of  pumpkin puree, and the spiciness of cinnamon and cloves...yum!  I want a piece just thinking about it. I've already had my quota for the day though...*grin* I try to restrict my Pumpkin Bread making to this one particular season of the year. Otherwise, I would make it all the time.

In the 'spirit' of the season, I'm sharing my recipe with whoever would like to try it. It's very easy to make. If you like Pumpkin Pie, I'm sure you will like Pumpkin Bread.

Enjoy!


Although I do like nuts, I usually only put raisins in my bread. It is delicious with, or without, both.



No comments:

Post a Comment