Monday, June 30, 2014

The Rain & The Moon...

It has been a typical Summer so far here on the marsh. Each day holds the predictable. Humidity so thick at times you swear you could cut it with a knife. Heat so heavy that motivational energy is at a minimum at the best of times. Gangs of tiny vampires, also known as mosquitoes, dive bombing for a bit of the red. Hawks calmly hanging aloft on thermals overhead. Cicadas chanting rhythmically with one another in a symphony of zen as the evening Sun lowers and disappears beyond the horizon. An ever changing array of clouds move by ranging from pure white through various stages of grey and back again. The mood swings of Gaia.

Each day holds even the slightest possibility of rain showers. Dark clouds can move in at a moments notice to bring down a pounding rainstorm. Many days we have had "pop-up" storms, and a couple have been torrential. We saw some pretty serious flooding a few days back. These first two photos were taken during that downpour. I usually park my Audi in my spot on the other side of the drive, but there was a massive lake of rain water that filled the condo road. I had stopped at the market on my way home, and had no umbrella with me. The driving rain was enough to saturate me in the 30 feet or so I had to traverse to the porch. Wading across the road would have been the icing on the proverbial cake. I love rain. I really, really do. However, I prefer to be home where I can enjoy it.


The rest of the photos in this post are of the Strawberry Full Moon we had on June 13th. Better late than never. It was quite spectacular. Big and bright. There is something so calming and cleansing about looking up at Luna when she's in her full glory. Sublime.











No comments:

Post a Comment